To succeed in the financial markets, you must use each day as an opportunity to learn and improve. Learning just a tiny small thing each day might sound like a waste of time, but learning compounds over time. A boat just one degree off-course is insignificant over short distances, but when crossing the Pacific Ocean it makes you miss your destination by a wide margin.
Reading books and taking notes is a habit that takes you closer to your goals. Below you find a short list of quotes from our own readings. More will come as we dig deeper into our investment library.
- Benjamin Grahams’s The Intelligent Investor: the best quotes
- Famous quotes by Warren Buffett
- Quotes from Atul Gawande’s The Checklist Manifesto
- Some valuable quotes from Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- Alchemy – the surprising power of ideas that don’t make sense (Rory Sutherland)
- Board games and investing
- Poker, sex and dying: the heart of a gambler (Juel Anderson)
- Some timeless wisdom from Seneca
- Should you choose a scalable or non-scalable career?
- The management myth: debunking modern business philosophy
- Annie Duke’s Thinking In Bets
- The power of reading good books twice
- Takeaways From Terry Smith´s (Fundsmith) Annual Letter Of 2010
- Takeaways From Terry Smith’s (Fundsmith) Annual Letter Of 2011
- Check out our portfolios
Disclosure: We are not financial advisors. Please do your own due diligence and investment research or consult a financial professional. All articles are our opinion – they are not suggestions to buy or sell any securities.